It was a blast! I didn't think I would complete 9 or so miles of running/walking/trudging the slopes of Wintergreen Ski Resort on a brisk Saturday morning, but I did. Peppered along the trails were nearly two dozen obstacles to overcome; one of which was a long dumpster full of ice water. Yeah, I couldn't feel my left toes for a couple of hours, but I eventually got the sensation back. Here are some shots I took the day after I did my race. I don't know any of these people. It was tough to find the friends I knew who were running it that day, but I eventually spotted them.
| This madness was after the slip and slide portion. The downhill was surprisingly difficult to traverse. My knees were not happy at the end of the day. |
| I took this picture because the dude was wearing sandals! What the heck!?! |
| Other Mudders were dressed in silly little costumes. These guys were wearing hats and ties. Some were wearing only speedos while others were in full Halloween gear. |
| This was the turn that took us to the shorter uphill. That's why the people in the picture look so demoralize as they look ahead. |
No comments:
Post a Comment